Happy 2017 everyone! I don't know about you, but this past week or two has been a deep period of dreaming, reflection, and planning out the new year. There's something a bit romantic about setting up new year's resolutions, even though the best time to change is anytime!
This year's goal setting was a little different. I've incorporated self-care and relationships to the mix this time around. It's so easy to push those things aside to pursue your goals, but taking the time to nurture these needs will help you achieve world domination (or whatever your goals are).
Before we dive into the Crown Chakra, it may be helpful to refresh what we've learned about the other six chakras.
- The Root Chakra connects and grounds you to the world
- The Sacral Chakra is responsible for your emotional wellbeing
- The Solar Chakra deals with self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-worth
- The Heart Chakra is all about love, inner peace, and general warm-fuzzies
- The Throat Chakra facilitates communication, especially self-expression
- The Third Eye Chakra supports imagination, wisdom, and confident decision-making
So where does that leave the Crown Chakra? Located at the tippy top of the head, the Crown Chakra is responsible for understanding and acceptance. When all of the other chakras are well supported, they form together in a Voltron-esque flow of pure bliss. It's said that the Crown Chakra is your connection to God.
Ways to nurture your Crown Chakra include
- Meditation, guided or otherwise
- Fresh air and sunshine
- Giving yourself the gift of stillness
- Running (may I suggest Phoebe running?)
When we're operating as our best selves, it's easier to make positive choices and set ourselves up for success. I encourage you to check in with these energy hubs often, breathe, and go into 2017 with focus, optimism, and grace.
What goals do you have for the next 365 days?